Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sustainable Spirits

Organic Cocktails.

Now that I'm past my 20's, I suppose it's time to become more responsible. Which is why I'm going to start drinking organic vodka.

Nope. I haven't lost my mind or conjured up images from a dream. There really is USDA Certified Organic vodka - Crop Vodka. Made from organic grain and bottled and distilled in Minnesota, Crop Vodka is said to have an unbelievably clean taste.

And if you are like my husband who rolls his eyes at whatever he considers to be the "unnecessarily" organic, consider this: by not using pesticides and chemical fertilizers, these producers are protecting the land and water in our fine country. And the distilling process of Crop is so efficient that no carbon treatment or charcoal filtering is required – thereby saving resources and energy. Good for the earth = good for me...right?

And with tasty options like Cucumber and Tomato, I think I might even be able to convince my skeptical hubby to go green with our libations. Especially with the cocktail suggestions on the Crop site.



4 comments:

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

great post!

Jen @ SecondCitySoiree said...

I'll bet the tomato would make a fantastic bloody mary!

Unknown said...

Rain Vodka is my favorite organic liquor.
http://www.rainvodka.com/
To me, it really does taste better, more clean, then regular vodka. My favorite flavor is the lavender lemon.

Hip Hostess said...

Thanks, Ruthie! We'll have to give that a try!