Friday, August 20, 2010

Wine Diaper

Cocktail packing supplies.

Often while unloading my car full of groceries I hear the dreaded shattering of glass followed by a stream of purple liquid flowing down the street. This actually happens more than I care to admit and it always seems to be when I REALLY need a glass of wine.

First of all, what is it with those shiny black bags that they give you at the wine shops. It is made out of the slickest possible plastic they can find and if you get two bottles they are just a little too heavy for the cheap plastic. No matter what you place the bottles in they somehow find their way out of the bag over the back seat onto the floorboards and next time you brake there they are.

I realize it’s not the worst problem a person could have but let’s just say it has happened enough times that I have decided it’s time to do something about it. That’s when I found Wine Diaper (unfortunate name) which is just a simple padded, resealable bag which protects the wine bottle and will absorb the liquid if any bottles break. They are 3 for $15 and can be purchased online here.



Not only will they save me dollars in broken wine but I also love the idea that I will again be able to take a bottle of wine as a gift when traveling. I plan to put the bags in my glove compartment and leave the streets of Brooklyn stain free.

2 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Great idea. I've drop a few bottles in my day. Definitely needs a new name!

Unknown said...

That's a great idea... but surely they could have come up with a better name!