Monday, October 4, 2010

Skinny Cheese Cookbook

Enter to win.

I received The Skinny Cheese Cookbook in the mail and it reminded me of a funny story that happened a few years ago.

My friend asked me to take her mother, who was visiting from the Caribbean, around the city for a couple of hours while she went to an appointment. Her mother was very sweet, but English was not her first language so there wasn’t much in the way of conversation. Several times I would be walking and notice that she was missing and then I would find her in the back of a line somewhere. In NYC it is not unusual to see a number of long lines as people are waiting for tickets, auditions, sample sales, etc. Each time I got a little nervous because of course I was panicked that I would lose her somewhere. Finally the last time this happened I threw my hands in the air and said “why?” to which she yelled in perfect English “free cheese”. Obviously these people where not waiting in line for free government issued cheese and were less than pleased with the outburst. Needless to say I returned my friend’s mom a little early but still get a good laugh whenever I see a long line.




I was reminded of this story when Hip Hostess received an email from President and Sorrento cheese asking us to take a look at their new Skinny Cheese Cookbook. As you know Hip Hostess never turns down an opportunity to try cheese and this opportunity is extra special because all the recipes are light using either President Fat Free Feta or Sorrento low fat Ricotta. My favorite so far is the Proscuitto-Wrapped Chicken with Feta which is perfect for a romantic fall evening at home and at 307 calories per serving you can have a decadent dessert.

We would like to extend the offer for “free cheese” to our readers as Sorrento and President have been kind enough to include some coupons. We are looking for the first 6 readers who are willing to check out the new Skinny Cheese Cookbook and write a review which will be posted at a later date.

If this is you, please respond with your email address in the comments section and we will contact you for your address.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheese!

killackyb@gmail.com

coolkids said...

mmmm cheese!!!!!!!!!
betsybreuer@yahoo.com

duchessbelle said...

Sounds perfect! duchessbelles@gmail.com

MegM said...

Hurray!


lucky_me_21@hotmail.com

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
xoxo said...

michelle.olsgard@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I think I'm 7, but just in case one of the other folks don't work out ;)

I love cheese! We had a cheese themed party last winter and ended up with more then 30 varieties!

blaze2242 at gmail dot com

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I would love to do this too if more spots to review it open up. I am a big fan of cheese!
Obxlemieurs@aol.com

Anonymous said...

In case someone flakes, ljgoldner23@gmail.com!

Meg said...

I'm pretty sure I'm too late, but I LOVE cheese and would totally help out if needed :)