Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Beyond Burger Basics

Food variations.

Oh how I love a burger hot off of a charcoal grill. In fact I almost jumped over a neighbor's fence on the way home from the gym this week because the smell of their grilled goodness was so intoxicating.



For the Fourth of July, I have no doubt that a lot of grilling will be had by all. And while I love the basic ketchup, mustard, and pickle topping as much as anyone, I think it might be fun to do a burger bar for a big party.

To get inspiration, I'd definitely study the menu at Kuma's Corner (the most kick *ss heavy metal burger haven in Chicago). Here are some inspiration exciting combos:

YOB - Smoked Gouda, Bacon, Roasted Red Peppers, Roasted Garlic Mayo

High On Fire - Siracha Hot Chili Sauce, Prosciutto, Roasted Red Pepper, Grilled Pineapple, Sweet Chili Paste

Pantera - Roasted Poblano Pepper, Bacon, Chedder and Monterey Jack, Ranchero Sauce, Tortilla Strips

Now don't those inspire you to be adventurous???

1 comment:

asian home decor said...

Oh how I love a burger hot off of a charcoal grill. In fact I almost jumped over a neighbor's fence on the way home from the gym this week because the smell of their grilled goodness was so intoxicating.