Friday, June 3, 2011

Infuse your Independence Day

Cocktails.

We've talked about how amazing homemade infused alcohols are on the HH blog...and they truly are amazing. But the one downside to infusing liquor, is that it takes time to do it just right.

So if you are planning to host a 4th of July Bash, now is the time to get started so you have a perfect custom cocktail.



Here's a great tutorial on exactly what you need to do...as well as some great combo ideas (Figs & Bourbon...yum!!).

I think that I'll make a couple of small batches to test first (if you do small quantities, it should only take a week or so to develop the flavor). Then once I have the perfect blend, I'll bring out the big mason jars and start my own liquor laboratory. Now that's a science experiment that I can get into!!

1 comment:

Sécia Mischke said...

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com