Thursday, July 14, 2011

National Tequila Month

Reader Advice.

There's nothing like coming home from a road trip on a steaming hot day only to find out that your power is out. What's a girl to do?

Well this girl high-tailed it to a very much air-conditioned Mexican restaurant and proceeded to drink COLD margaritas and eat LOTS of chips & guac. I quickly learned from our waiter that July is National Tequila Month. How did I miss out on that one?



What I want to know is if any of you readers have a favorite margarita recipe? I've recently tried a watermelon kind...and loved it. But I'm an equal opportunity margarita drinker and I want to know what you guys have up your sleeves.

So tell me...how will you make your margaritas for National Tequila Month?

5 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I went the easy route and bought a large bottle of pre-made Jose Cuervo for a party BUT I did serve them in jelly jars. They were a hit!

Unknown said...

Tequila is definitely my favorite liquor. My favorite recipe is a 3:2:1 ratio tequila (Hornitos for sure!), lime, triple sec poured over ice. For a little bit of extra flare, pour a bit of pom juice into the glass. Delicious!!!

Ashley said...

I would've done the exact same thing! Why suffer in the heat when there's a perfectly air conditioned mexican restaurant around the corner? :)

Abby said...

Fresh squeezed lime juice is key. My fav recipe is from Confessions of a Foodie Bride, I'm just a classic kind of girl.

http://www.jasonandshawnda.com/foodiebride/archives/6430

How To Listen To Hip Hop said...

I don't know how to make them. The watermelon kind sounds like it would be good. I need to try that kind...