Friday, September 23, 2011

Gin Goodness

Cocktail Recipe.

Gin and I have been enemies ever since a night in college long ago when my friend was a bit too generous with her pour in our gin & tonics. I try to like gin because it is in so many classic cocktails, but one sniff gives me a shiver shake and wave of nausea. Not so fun.

During Fashions Night Out, someone did the bait and switch on me. Intermix was serving 3 lovely punches and it wasn't until after I had already tasted a few sips of my delicious drink that I saw this...



Gorgeous bottle? Yes.

But it is GIN...my enemy!!

However it didn't taste like my enemy. In fact, it was quite delicious. So there may be hope for my yet. I can finally proudly display a gin bottle on my bar with out cringing. And if you'd like to try the drink that had me so smitten, here you go:

The Darby

Ingredients
1 1/2 oz Bols Genever
1/2 oz Simple Syrup
1/2 oz Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
Champagne
Lemon Twist
Brandied Cherry

Instructions
Combine Bols Genever, Simple Syrup, and Lemon Juice in a shaker with ice. Pour into a cocktail coupe glass. Top with champagne and garnish with a lemon twist and a brandied cherry.

No comments: