Monday, October 3, 2011

Oatmeal for Dinner?



Oatmeal is one of the ingredients that I can never remember if I have in the cabinet, so instead of checking, I just buy more when the need arises. At current time, I have about 3 Quaker Oat rounds in the apartment and one of them is the ginormous Costco variety. It’s time for me to address this issue.

When I see oatmeal I think of cookies, apple crisp and the occasional hot morning treat. What I don’t think of is an option for dinner. But according to Chow that is exactly what I should be thinking. Apparently since it is a healthy grain many people are cooking it with chicken broth and using it as a base for dinner dishes. I have to admit that it is hard for me to think of oatmeal without the sweet factor, however, the pictures make me think of yummy risotto?

Have any of you fellow Hip Hostess’ tried this trend? I think I should put it on the trial dinner list but maybe as an option when the husband is working late…at least for the initial run.

No comments: