Friday, November 4, 2011

Portable Petit Dejeuner

Recipe.

This year I have embarked into the world of juice cleanse...the BluePrint Cleanse to be most specific. I have to admit that I absolutely love it. Each juice is delicious and extremely nutritious and it's pretty nice to be able to "eat" on the go during the day.



So when I'm not on the cleanse, I like to at least make my breakfast fast and portable. This extremely simple smoothie recipe from Bon Appetit is perfect. And since it is chock full of protein from the almond milk, it holds you over for the morning. Smart and tasty.

Almond Banana Smoothie
Serves 4

2 large ripe bananas, peeled, sliced
2 cups almond milk or whole milk
2 cups ice cubes
2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ground nutmeg

Blend first 5 ingredients in blender until smooth. Divide smoothies among 4 small glasses. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to try something like this. Thanks for the tip!

~Stop Me if You've Heard This One