Monday, August 12, 2013

Bon Affair


I'm constantly surprised by happenings in my life.  For instance, when I think of wine spritzers it conjures up thoughts of yachts and country clubs. I've only drank spritzers in the poshest of situations.  However, this past weekend I was out in Williamsburg Brooklyn and stopped by the Commodore.  Now for those of you who are unfamiliar with Brooklyn bars the Commodore is the mother ship for hipsters and the last place you would expect to see a wine spritzer.  But lo and behold they had a hand written sign in their window saying voted #1 best wine spritzer.  This my friends is how trends start...they don't call them "hip" sters for nothing.

Later that day, I opened my mail which contained a very chic black and white box with not 1 but 2 bottles of Bon Affair Sauvignon Blanc wine spritzers.  In true hip hostess fashion, I took this as a sign to continue drinking.  I brought out the spritzers and a few grapes and now felt like something of a connoisseur and ready to put Bon Affair to the test.

Bon Affair has not only produced a light and refreshing beverage with extremely awesome packaging but they have some details that should not be neglected.

-The beverage has half the calories of regular wine with added electrolytes
-It has zero sugar
-It is packaged in individual portions which means it adds chic design to your tablescape when entertaining and it's up to you whether you want to pull out the glassware.  Personally my feeling...who wants to do dishes after a day of spritzing (I'm trying to coin the term).

If you can have half the calories, no added sugar plus no hang over due to the added electrolytes and be instantly hip in your beverage of choice then fellow planners...Bon Affair should always be chilling in the fridge.

(Note: While I was provided with a complimentary sample of Bon Affair, I was in no way compensated for this review, nor was I influenced to provide only positive feedback. The opinions expressed above are genuine.)

No comments: